The BEST Place to Have Your Baby
We know all about new beginnings. Our staff is eager to assist you and your family with the addition of your new baby. HCCA/Tulare Regional Medical Center has become a regional home for people starting or growing their families. In conjunction with our Women’s Pavilion, we offer comprehensive care for all stages of pregnancy, which includes prenatal and postpartum services as well as support and education before, during and after delivery.
We’re a Baby-Friendly Hospital!
HCCA/Tulare Regional Medical received its Baby Friendly designation in June of 2017!
Breastfeeding is the natural end to pregnancy and an important way to continue the normal development of the baby. With the right information and the right support in place, under normal circumstances, most women who choose to breastfeed are able to successfully achieve their goal.
Becoming a Baby-Friendly hospital is a comprehensive, detailed and thorough journey toward excellence in providing evidence-based maternity care with the goal of achieving the best infant feeding outcomes and mother/baby bonding. Being a Baby-Friendly hospital creates opportunities to develop high performance work teams and build leadership skills among staff, promotes employee pride, enhances patient satisfaction and improves health outcomes.
As a Baby-Friendly hospital, our staff is prepared to help you and your new baby get off to the best start. Our staff here at Tulare’s Hospital is trained regarding the care of breastfeeding mothers and babies. Babies stay close to their mothers right after birth so that they can breastfeed as soon as they are ready. Policies allow healthy babies and their mothers to stay together day and night (rooming in) so they have the best chance to get to know each other.
Being together gives parents more opportunities to learn about normal baby behavior knowing that our knowledgeable staff can answer their questions about their baby and breastfeeding. From those jerky baby movements, to uneven breathing patterns when trying to breastfeed - staff is readily available to talk about what you should expect from your new baby.
Baby-Friendly staff here at HCCA/TRMC will carefully assess your baby’s feeding so that any early problems can be taken care of quickly. Our staff will assist you in breastfeeding so that you feel more confident. Furthermore, if breastfeeding worries arise after you and your baby go home, our staff can help you solve feeding problems.
Before Giving Birth
- Click here for our Shared Childbirth Classes schedule
- Stork Tours: We encourage you and your coach to visit the Tulare Regional Medical Center Birthplace prior to your labor. One of our labor and delivery staff members will be happy to provide you with a tour to familiarize you with our services and the support you will receive during your stay. Call 559.688.0821 x 2019, to schedule your personalized Stork Tour.
- Private Birthing Rooms: Our labor, delivery, postpartum and recovery suites are designed to provide comfort, privacy and support for you and your coach.
- Click here for our Breastfeeding Classes schedule
- Breastfeeding Support: Trained lactation nurses are on site to support you and your baby in a successful breastfeeding experience. We offer personalized coaching during your postpartum recovery stay and after you and your baby leave the hospital. HCCA/TRMC offers ongoing breastfeeding support through our breastfeeding support line, a one-time home visit and also our Mommy Meet-up group, the only weekly support group in Tulare County, to ensure breastfeeding is a positive experience for you and your baby.