CenteringPregnancy at Women’s Pavilion and HCCA/Tulare Regional Medical Center is prenatal care that includes an individual health check-up with additional time and attention in a group setting. You’ll meet with your healthcare provider and other women who are due near the same time for 10 sessions during your pregnancy. CenteringPregnancy is a way for you to be involved in your own care. It empowers you to be 100% ready for labor and delivery while having fun in a supportive atmosphere.
During Centering Sessions You Will:
• Learn more about your pregnancy
• Be better prepared for birth
• Be better prepared to care for your baby
• Participate more in your health care
• Have your time with your provider
• Gain a support group of other women who are going through the exact same thing at the exact same time
• Invite your spouse or support person to attend the sessions with you
Centering Gives You:
During the group meetings everyone can share their questions, advice and experiences. The group is relaxed and fun but a great way to prepare for becoming a mom.
When expectant mothers meet other pregnant women with due dates close to theirs and create bonds that can last a lifetime. Time
Each group lasts about 90 minutes. It starts and ends on time and you know the schedule in advance. This makes planning for work and easier. Free child care is provided onsite.
• 96-97% of women surveyed prefer receiving their prenatal care in a group
• 33% less likely to have a preterm baby
• Higher breastfeeding rates